Do you want to start a new business or reexamine the legal organization of an existing business? Do you have big plans to expand your company by marketing new products or services that will attract more customers or build brand recognition? Then you need to consult with an experienced and knowledgeable attorney to discuss what entity you should form your business under, as well as the types of obstacles you might encounter that can dramatically affect future business plans.
Types of Business Entities
At DiPietro Law Group, PLLC, our legal team is committed to serving clients throughout Fairfax who need legal advice regarding their new business ventures. We work one-on-one with each of our clients so we can gain valuable insight into how their business operates. This way we can create a customized legal strategy that will allow us to represent your best interests.
Call us today if you need help with any of the following:
- Choosing the form of your business
- Resolving organizational and operational issues
- Selling or purchasing an existing business
- Insurance policy disputes
- Drafting and negotiating agreements between shareholders
- Creating limited partnerships, general partnerships, and partnership governing documents
Business Entity Formation
- Proprietorship: If you choose this entity formation, your business will not have a separate legal status. You will maintain full control of the business operations. Since there isn’t a separate legal structure, proprietorships are generally easier to operate than other business entities.
- Corporation: By registering your business as a corporation, you can maintain a separate legal status. This will shield you from certain liabilities and also allows stockholders to invest capital without mingling in your management practices.
- General Partnership: Under this entity formation, two or more people operate a business together as co-owners. Ownership of the business isn’t separate, so the owners both maintain control of the business and its assets.
- Limited Liability Company: With this type of entity formation, members of your business organization will benefit from having limited liability and just one level of income taxation.
- Limited Partnership: Are you worried about investors trying to manage your company? If you choose a limited partnership, one general partner will be in charge of operating the business while one or more limited partners contribute investment capital but can’t make management decisions.
Get Help From Our Legal Team
Do you have a new idea that you believe is a viable business opportunity? Are you looking for advice about choosing the right business entity that will allow you to succeed in a competitive market? Then consult with our Fairfax business attorneys to discuss the ways you can ensure your business interests are protected. We offer counsel regarding a variety of business formation issues, so stop by our law office today so we can assess your situation and determine the appropriate entity for your company. Let us put our skills and resources to work for you today.
Give us a call at (888) 530-4374 to request a case evaluation with our legal team in Fairfax.