At DiPietro Law Group, PLLC, we provide family legal services for parents facing challenges of all kinds, from resolving custody disputes to navigating the process of adoption.
The process of becoming a child’s legal parents is notoriously difficult and can be quite costly, depending on the circumstances of the adoption, and this is more likely for couples who begin the process without proper representation or legal counsel. However, with the right support, this does not have to be the case. If you are seeking to make a new addition to your family, allow us to simplify the process by handling the administrative and legal aspects of your adoption and helping you address challenges as they come. We can help you make informed decisions and move forward as quickly as possible.
Call us toll-free at (202) 902-9587 or send us a message today to schedule your consultation.
How We Can Help You During the Adoption Process
Put simply, handling your own adoption is not an option. There are a variety of challenges that may arise which could derail the process and leave you powerless to remedy the situation. You may face difficulties if any of the following occur or are true:
- At least one biological parent contests the adoption.
- You are not able to meet the legal standard for waiving consent of the biological parents.
- The court determines that adoption may not be in the best interest of the child.
- Concerns arise regarding the child’s continuity of care and your ability to create a safe, nurturing home environment for them.
- There are concerns regarding you or your partner’s fitness to be parents.
- The child’s wishes regarding the adoption are not positive or clear.
Not only are we able to help you address all of the above challenges and more, we can help you move quickly through all of the following stages of the adoption process (if applicable):
- Completing and submitting a petition for adoption
- Meeting the legal standard for waiving parental consent or obtaining parental consent
- Convincing the court that your adoption of the child is in their best interest
- Presenting your home environment and family life as safe, stable, and nurturing
- Meeting the standard for adoption fitness, which may require an investigation, report, interlocutory decree, and/or disclosure of beliefs, creed, etc.
- Finalizing and establishing your rights as a parent to the adopted child
As previously stated, the process of adoption is notoriously complex, and most adoptions present their own unique hurdles. However, with an experienced adoption attorney on your side, you may be able to navigate the process with greater ease and at a quicker pace.
Let us help you grow your family. Call (202) 902-9587 today to speak to a member of our team.